Taxon resources: Stereotydeus villosus
- Taxon Id
- Common Name
- Unknown or not entered.
- Naming Status
- Currently accepted name
- Found in the Antarctica/subantarctic or Southern Ocean
See map of extents
- Taxon has been resolved to the rank Species.
Perfom a free-text of this site for Stereotydeus villosus Mite
The following are links to related resources for this
- follow the link on either a number, short name or URL to see full details
Scientific Bibliography 17031
- BLOCK, W. & S?MME, L. (1982 ) cold-hardiness of terrestrial mites at Signy Island, maritime Antarctic. Oikos 38: 157-167
Scientific Bibliography 17036
- BLOCK, W. & YOUNG, S.R. (1978 ) Metalbolic adaptions of the Antarctic terrestrial micro-arthropods. Comparative Biochemistry and Physiology 61A: 363-368.
Scientific Bibliography 17043
- BLOCK, W. (1980 ) Aspects of the ecology of Antarctic soil fauna. In: Soil biology as related to land use practices, ed. D.L. Dindal, pp. 741-757. Environmental Protection Agency, Washington, D.C.
Scientific Bibliography 17046
- BLOCK, W. (1981 ) Low temperature effects on micro-arthropods. Journal of Thermal Biology 6:215-218.
Scientific Bibliography 17049
- BLOCK, W. (1982 ) Supercooling points of insects and mites on the Antarctic Peninsula. Ecological Entomology 7: 1-8.
Scientific Bibliography 17051
- BLOCK, W. (1983 ) Heterogeneous ice nucleation in supercooled micro-arthropods. Cryo-Letters 4: 155-162.
Scientific Bibliography 17052
- BLOCK, W. (1984 ) A comparative study of invertebrate supercooling at Signy Island, maritime Antarctic. British Antarctic Survey Bulletin 64:67-76.
Scientific Bibliography 17066
- BOOTH, R.G. & USHER, M.B. (1986 ) Arthropod communities in a maritime Antarctic moss-turf habitat: life history stratergies of the prostigmatid mites. Pedobiologia 29: 209-218.
Scientific Bibliography 17125
- GODDARD, D.G. (1977 ) The Signy Island reference sites:VIII. Oxygen uptake of some Antarctic prostigmatid mites (Acari:Prostigmata). British Antarctic Survey Bulletin 45: 101-115.
Scientific Bibliography 17127
- GODDARD, D.G. (1982 ) Feeding biology of free-living Acari at Signy Island, South Ornkney Islands. British Antarctic Survey Bulletin 51: 290-293.
Scientific Bibliography 17129
- GRESSIT, J.L. (1967 ) Introduction. Antarctic Research Series 10: 1-395.
Scientific Bibliography 17130
- GRESSIT, J.L. (1967 ) Notes on arthropod populations in the Antarctic Peninsula, South Shetland Islands, South Orkney Islands area. In: Entemology of Antarctica, ed. J.L. Gressit. Antarctic Research Series 10:373-392.
Scientific Bibliography 17171
- SCHENKER, R. & BLOCK, W. (1986 ) Micro-arthropod activity in three contrasting terrestrial habitats on Signy Island, maritime Antarctic. British Antarctic Survey Bulletin 71: 31-43.
Scientific Bibliography 41411
- Convey, P. and Quintana, R. D. (1997 ) The terrestrial arthropod fauna of Cierva Point SSSI, Danco Coast, northern Antarctic Peninsula. Eur. J. Soil Biol. 33(1), 19-29
Possible taxa information in external databases. This is subject to revision in urls and sites. Please contact the data centre
if you find any problems or wish to advise of another useful resource.