DeBusk Scarp (The name as it would appear in a gazetteer)
DeBusk Scarp (The name as it would appear on a map)
If this information is incorrect, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Feature type: Escarpment
This name originates from United Kingdom. It is part of the Gazetteer of the British Antarctic Territory and the SCAR Composite Gazetteer of Antarctica.
Names that other countries have for this feature:
WSW of Cape Reichelderfer, Wilkins Coast, was photographed from the air on 20 December 1928 by Wilkins, who gave the name Finley Islands collectively to this feature, Engel Peaks (q.v.), Briesemeister Peak (q.v.) and the unnamed nunataks to the SE, after Dr J.K. Finley (Finley Heights, q.v.) (Wilkins, 1929, Fig. 32, p.369); again photographed from the air by USAS in September 1940 (Bertrand and others, 1948, p.484, Figs 2 and 3); surveyed from the ground by FIDS-RARE from "Stonington Island" in January 1948; named Mount DeBusk after Clarence DeBusk, Executive Secretary, Chamber of Commerce, Beaumont, Texas, who assisted in fitting out RARE (Ronne, 1949, map p.230). DeBusk Scarp (APC, 1955, p.8; DCS 601 sheet 69 62, 1955). De Busk Scarp (USGS sketch map Palmer Land (North Part), 1979).
No images of this place could be found.