Faraday (The name as it would appear in a gazetteer)
Faraday (The name as it would appear on a map)
If this information is incorrect, please e-mail email@example.com
Feature type: None recorded.
This name originates from United Kingdom. It is part of the Gazetteer of the British Antarctic Territory and the SCAR Composite Gazetteer of Antarctica.
Names that other countries have for this feature:
BAS station on Marina Point, Galindez Island, Argentine Islands (q.v.), was first established on Winter Island (q.v.) in 1947; re-established on Galindez Island (q.v.) in February 1954; referred to as "Argentine Islands" or "Base F". "Ardzhentayn-Aylands" (Soviet Union. AA, 1966, Pl.24). "Argentine Island" (Soviet Union. GUGK map 221, 1973). From 15 August 1977 the station was renamed Faraday after Michael Faraday (1791-1867), English chemist and physicist, who discovered electro-magnetic induction, thus introducing the basic principle of the electric motor and dynamo, in 1831; Director, Royal Institution, London, 1825-58 (BA, 1977, p.1; SPRI, 1978a, p.68; APC, 1980, p.3; BAS sheet Misc. 2, 1981; BA chart 3573, 20.iv.1984). "Faraday Base", "Faraday Station" (BAS, 1977c, p.4 and photograph facing p.8).
No images of this place could be found.