Legru Bay (The name as it would appear in a gazetteer)
Legru Bay (The name as it would appear on a map)
If this information is incorrect, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Feature type: Bay
This name originates from United Kingdom. It is part of the Gazetteer of the British Antarctic Territory and the SCAR Composite Gazetteer of Antarctica.
Names that other countries have for this feature:
between Martins Head and Cinder Spur, King George Island. The name Cap Legru was applied by FAE, 1908-10, in December 1909 both to the feature later identified as Martins Head (q.v.) and to a feature between Martins Head and Syrezol Rocks (q.v.), probably after a supporter of the expedition. Following air photography by FIDASE and ground survey by FIDS, 1957-59, and in order to preserve FAE's original naming in the area, the name of Legru was re-applied to the present feature (APC, 1960, p.5; BA chart 1774, 14.ix.1962).
No images of this place could be found.