Scientific Committee on Antarctic Research (SCAR)
Collated by Programma Nazionale di Ricerche in Antartide (Italy)
in the framework of the SCAR Standing Committee on Antarctic Geographic Information (SCAGI)
Crystal Hill (The name as it would appear in a gazetteer)
Crystal Hill (The name as it would appear on a map)
If this information is incorrect, please e-mail email@example.com
Feature type: Hill
This name originates from United Kingdom. It is part of the Gazetteer of the British Antarctic Territory and the SCAR Composite Gazetteer of Antarctica.
Names that other countries have for this feature:
rising to c. 200m on N side of Prince Gustav Channel, Trinity Peninsula, following survey by FIDS from "Hope Bay" in December 1945 was so named from the rock crystals collected at the foot of the hill (APC, 1955, p.8; BAS 250 sheet SP 21-22/13, 1-DOS 1974). Cabo Carry, probably referring in error to Corry Island (q.v.) (Argentina. IAA map, [1959a]). An Argentine refuge hut, called "San Nicolás", was established near the hill by personnel from "Esperanza" in 1963 (Argentina. IAA, 1965, p.416).Crystal Mountain 61°59'S 57°55'W, ice-covered and rising to 620m S of Bolinder Bluff, King George Island, was so called by PAE (Birkenmajer, 1984, p.168 and map Fig.9, p.172). Kryszta owa Góra (Birkenmajer, 1984, p.168).
No images of this place could be found.