Scientific Committee on Antarctic Research (SCAR)
Collated by Programma Nazionale di Ricerche in Antartide (Italy)
in the framework of the SCAR Standing Committee on Antarctic Geographic Information (SCAGI)
Kandidiana Ridge (The name as it would appear in a gazetteer)
Kandidiana Ridge (The name as it would appear on a map)
If this information is incorrect, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Feature type: Ridge ( 2d )
This name originates from Bulgaria. It is part of the and the SCAR Composite Gazetteer of Antarctica.
The partly ice-free ridge extending 6 km and 1.1 km wide, rising to 1000 m on the W side of Elgar Uplands in northern Alexander Island. Situated 12.24 km NNW of Mount Pinafore, 18.67 km E of Mount Morley in Lassus Mountains, 15.26 km SE of Shaw Nunatak and 9 km S of Tegra Nunatak. Crescent-shaped facing NNW. Surmounts Nichols Snowfield to the NW, Delius Glacier to the NE and Bartók Glacier to the S. Vicinity visited on 30 January 1988 by the geological team of Christo Pimpirev and Borislav Kamenov (First Bulgarian Antarctic Expedition), and Philip Nell and Peter Marquis (British Antarctic Survey). British mapping in 1971.
Named after the ancient Roman fortress of Kandidiana in Northeastern Bulgaria.
No images of this place could be found.