All scientific data collected by the Australian Antarctic program (AAp) are eventually described in the Catalogue of Australian Antarctic and Subantarctic Metadata (CAASM).
CAASM can be used to search through AAp data descriptions, and it also provides links to access publicly available datasets, which can either be immediately downloaded or obtained from the Australian Antarctic Data Centre (AADC).
View the full metadata record
- Snape, I., Riddle, M.J., Ferguson, S.H., Harvey, P. (2005, updated 2019) Raw GC data to support paper 'Investigation of evaporation and biodegradation of fuel spills in Antarctica: II - Extent of natural attenuation at Casey Station' Australian Antarctic Data Centre - doi:10.4225/15/5b078d394c7fd
- Raw GC data to support paper 'Investigation of evaporation and biodegradation of fuel spills in Antarctica: II - Extent of natural attenuation at Casey Station'
- Data Centre
- Australian Antarctic Data Centre, Australia
- Created Date
- Revision Date
- Parent record
GC-FID raw data files to support above publication.
GC-FID acquisition systems included 'Millenium', 'Varian Star' and 'Agilent chemstation'. Some files copied to .AIA format and some files saved as .eps format in addition to above acquisition systems.
These data were collected as part of ASAC project 1163 (Remediation of petroleum contaminants in the Antarctic and subantarctic - ASAC_1163).
Approximate sampling dates above.
Data were acquired with several different GC-FID's (as specified in paper) and raw GC-FID data are in several different formats.
These data are publicly available for download from the provided URL.
- Start date: 1998-01-01 - Stop date: 2004-12-31
- EARTH SCIENCE > HUMAN DIMENSIONS > ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACTS > CHEMICAL SPILLS
- EARTH SCIENCE > HUMAN DIMENSIONS > ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACTS > CONTAMINANT LEVELS/SPILLS
- EARTH SCIENCE > HUMAN DIMENSIONS > ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACTS > OIL SPILLS
- EARTH SCIENCE > HUMAN DIMENSIONS > HABITAT CONVERSION/FRAGMENTATION > RECLAMATION/REVEGETATION/RESTORATION
- EARTH SCIENCE > LAND SURFACE > SOILS > SOIL ABSORPTION
- EARTH SCIENCE > LAND SURFACE > FROZEN GROUND > ACTIVE LAYER
- GAS CHROMATOGRAPHY
- NATURAL ATTENUATION
- CONTINENT > ANTARCTICA > CASEY
- GEOGRAPHIC REGION > POLAR
- snape, ian (INVESTIGATOR)
- riddle, martin (INVESTIGATOR)
- ferguson, susan (INVESTIGATOR)
- harvey, paul (INVESTIGATOR,TECHNICAL CONTACT,DIF AUTHOR)
This data set conforms to the CCBY Attribution License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/).
Please follow instructions listed in the citation reference provided at http://data.aad.gov.au/aadc/metadata/citation.cfm?entry_id=GC_Files_Casey_nat_attenuation when using these data.