All scientific data collected by the Australian Antarctic program (AAp) are eventually described in the Catalogue of Australian Antarctic and Subantarctic Metadata (CAASM). CAASM can be used to search through AAp data descriptions, and it also provides links to access publicly available datasets, which can either be immediately downloaded or obtained from the Australian Antarctic Data Centre (AADC).
This is a scanned copy of the annual report on vertebrate biology at Macquarie Island, 1990, by Rupert Woods.
The scanned report contains information on:
- Elephant seal census
- Elephant seal tagging program (1984-1985, 1987-1991)
- Freeze branding
- Weaner weights
- Gastric lavage
- Opthalmology problems
- Penguin crush (mass deaths of King Penguins)
- PTTs and TDTRs
- DNA samples (elephant seals and fur seals)
- Anaesthesia and surgery of birds
- Details of a neo-natal longfinned pilot whale washed ashore
- Fur seals (census, euthanasia, injuries, net entanglements)
- Abandoned elephant seal pup
- Drift cards
- Killer whale attack
The quality of the scanned pages may vary. An OCR process has been run over the document.
The pdf copy of the scanned document is available for download from the provided URL. The physical copy of the record has been archived in the Australian Antarctic Division records store.
This data set conforms to the CCBY Attribution License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/).
Please follow instructions listed in the citation reference provided at http://data.aad.gov.au/aadc/metadata/citation.cfm?entry_id=Vertebrate_Biology_MI_1990 when using these data.