All scientific data collected by the Australian Antarctic program (AAp) are eventually described in the Catalogue of Australian Antarctic and Subantarctic Metadata (CAASM). CAASM can be used to search through AAp data descriptions, and it also provides links to access publicly available datasets, which can either be immediately downloaded or obtained from the Australian Antarctic Data Centre (AADC).
This is a scanned copy of the Vertebrate Ecologists report from Davis Station, 1987. The report was written by Michael Whitehead.
The report covers:
- Census and tagging program
- Adult resight and pup tagging programs
- Monitoring population size (aerial photographic survey, and ground survey/pattern of occupation of colonies)
- Diet study
- Survival/mortality study of eggs and chicks
- Seasonal fluctuation in adult condition and chick growth
- Energetics studies
- Swimming behaviour
- Food availability
- Diet study
- Amanda Bay census
- Southern Giant Petrel censusing and banding
- Rauer Island seabirds (reference breeding group counts/banding and 1987/88 Rauers program)
The quality of the scanned pages may vary. An OCR process has been run over the document.
The pdf copy of the scanned document is available for download from the provided URL. The physical copy of the record has been archived in the Australian Antarctic Division records store.
This data set conforms to the CCBY Attribution License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/).
Please follow instructions listed in the citation reference provided at http://data.aad.gov.au/aadc/metadata/citation.cfm?entry_id=Vertebrate_Ecologist_Davis_1987 when using these data.