Taxon resources: Parisotoma octooculata
- Taxon Id
- Common Name
- Unknown or not entered.
- Naming Status
- Currently accepted name
- Found in the Antarctica/subantarctic or Southern Ocean
See map of extents
- Taxon has been resolved to the rank Species.
Perfom a free-text of this site for Parisotoma octooculata Springtail
The following are links to related resources for this
- follow the link on either a number, short name or URL to see full details
Scientific Bibliography 17030
- BLOCK, W. & S?MME, L. (1981 ) Studies of arthropod cold-hardiness. British Antarctic Survey Bulletin 53: 265-266.
Scientific Bibliography 17040
- BLOCK, W. (1979 ) Oxygen consumption of the Antarctic springtail Parisotoma octooculata (Willem)(Isotomidae). Revue d'Ecologie et de Biologie du Sol 16: 227-233.
Scientific Bibliography 17043
- BLOCK, W. (1980 ) Aspects of the ecology of Antarctic soil fauna. In: Soil biology as related to land use practices, ed. D.L. Dindal, pp. 741-757. Environmental Protection Agency, Washington, D.C.
Scientific Bibliography 17049
- BLOCK, W. (1982 ) Supercooling points of insects and mites on the Antarctic Peninsula. Ecological Entomology 7: 1-8.
Scientific Bibliography 17050
- BLOCK, W. (1982 ) The Signy Island terrestrial reference sites: XIV. Population studies on the Collembola. British Antarctic Survery Bulletin 55: 33-49.
Scientific Bibliography 17051
- BLOCK, W. (1983 ) Heterogeneous ice nucleation in supercooled micro-arthropods. Cryo-Letters 4: 155-162.
Scientific Bibliography 17052
- BLOCK, W. (1984 ) A comparative study of invertebrate supercooling at Signy Island, maritime Antarctic. British Antarctic Survey Bulletin 64:67-76.
Scientific Bibliography 17059
- BLOCK, W., HARRISON, P.M. & VANNIER, G. (1990 ) A comparartive study of patterns of water loss from two Antarctic springtails (Insecta, Collembola). Journal of Insect Physiology 36: 181-187.
Scientific Bibliography 17084
- BROWNE, K.G. (1964 ) The insects of Heard Island. Australian National Antarctic Research Expeditions Reports, B (1) Zoology 73: 1-39.
Scientific Bibliography 17089
- BURN, A.J. & LISTER, A. (1988 ) Activity patterns in an Antarctic arthropod community. British Antarctic Survey Bulletin 78: 43-48.
Scientific Bibliography 17090
- BURN, A.J. (1984 ) Life cycle stratergies of two Antarctic Collembola. Oecoliogia 64: 223-229.
Scientific Bibliography 17129
- GRESSIT, J.L. (1967 ) Introduction. Antarctic Research Series 10: 1-395.
Scientific Bibliography 17130
- GRESSIT, J.L. (1967 ) Notes on arthropod populations in the Antarctic Peninsula, South Shetland Islands, South Orkney Islands area. In: Entemology of Antarctica, ed. J.L. Gressit. Antarctic Research Series 10:373-392.
Scientific Bibliography 17171
- SCHENKER, R. & BLOCK, W. (1986 ) Micro-arthropod activity in three contrasting terrestrial habitats on Signy Island, maritime Antarctic. British Antarctic Survey Bulletin 71: 31-43.
Possible taxa information in external databases. This is subject to revision in urls and sites. Please contact the data centre
if you find any problems or wish to advise of another useful resource.